Monday, February 05, 2007

Waking up early

It seems my brain has decided the optimum time for it working is between 2 and 4am. I'm not sure exactly how it came to this conclusion but it has and it seems to be running with it.

Now in fairness it has had some fairly cracking ideas in the early hours of late. Many's the time I've been up typing e-mails to myself to remeber it all. It's all work. I guess that's a bit sad in some respects, but it's really not. For the first time maybe ever, I am really getting the chance to problem solve at work and apply my own theories and stategies to things.

I sometimes get funny looks when I tell people I have a degree in Physics. I think most people assume if you study physics you'll find yourself with a white coat, blowing stuff up or turning things odd colours. The thing is, I'm really using the stuff I learned in University now. Ok not the X=R3-Y5/4*the entropy of the Universe stuff, but the way I look at problems.

So I wake up at 3am, have a moment of clarity about something, type it all up and I'm then up for another couple of hours thinking it all over. Don't worry, this isn't happening every night, but I think I'd rather my brain got back to working on a regular schedule and concentating on Leafs winning the Stanley Cup dreams or something at 3am.

1 comment:

John said...

You oughta start a 3am-note-to-self blog. I'd read it.