Monday, May 02, 2005

Music Club

Last Friday we had our third music club meeting.
The idea behind music club is that every month (although we might be dropping to every two months) our group meets to share music that we have all been listening to.
It's really just a party with everybody bringing music but it works well. I think it might be nice if everybody sat quietly listening to all the tunes but in reality it comes a bit uncomfotable if nobody talks. So we drink beer, play tunes and by the end of it you have probably picked up a few new things to check out.
For my part I borrowed 4 Dinosaur Jr cds (a band I was looking to get into) and continued to spread the word about the Great Lake Swimmers (honestly, I should be their publicist).
Future plans for the club include possibly putting together compilation Cd's based on what is played at the meeting and maybe a few trips to various shows.
Music really is something that is meant to be shared and our little group is the essence of how music should be spread.
If you are interested you can find our music club blog here.

1 comment:

John said...

Yo - looks like Fiona hijacked that link. What's the one for your club, again?