I am always promoting how wonderful libraries are. The fact they have Cds and Dvds is amazing and it is all FREE!. The Toronto library has a great website where you can browse their catalogue and then order stuff to be delivered to your local branch.
When it's quiet at work I tend to surf the site looking for Cds I don't have and so I end up with huge lists of stuff on order. I thought just to illustrate how amazing libraries are I would list what I currently have on order:
Til' their eyes shine, the lullaby album - Kate and Anna McGarrigle
()- Sigur Ros
About to choke - Vic Chesnutt
Blood on the tracks - Bob Dylan
Blue Horse - The Be Good Tanyas
Come dancing with the Kinks - The Kinks
Digital Ash in a digital urn - Bright Eyes
Experience Jill Scott - Jill Scott
A Ghost is born - Wilco
Good news for people who love bad news - Modest Mouse
The Heavy Blinkers - The Heavy Blinkers
Leadbelly - Leadbelly
Live at Luther College - Dave Matthews
The McGarrigle hour - Kate McGarrigle
Old world underground, where are you now? - Metric
Room on fire - The Strokes
Sieze the day - Damien Dempsey
Slow Wonder - A.C. Newman
Some Devil - Dave Matthews
Take this hammer - Leadbelly
Take the red cane whirlwind - Kelly Joe Phelps
Think Tank - Blur
Want One - Rufus Wainwright
Want Two - Rufus Wainwright
You're a woman, I'm a machine - Death from above, 1979
Acoustic Brazil - Various
Richer - Bill Frisell
Diamond Dogs - David Bowie
Be Cool - Soundtrack
I can't stop - Al Green
Live at Montreux 1994 - Johnny Cash (DVD)
Lateralus - Tool
Live at the Apollo - Blind Boys of Alabama
Live in New York City - Bruce Springsteen
Music from the O.C. - Various
Return to sin city, A tribute to Gram Parsons - Various (DVD)
Slanted and Enchanted (Reduxe) - Pavement
Wildwood flower - June Cater Cash
Word or Mouf - Ludacris
and that's only the music, I also have books and movies on order.
At the moment I have out:
Magical Mystery Tour - The Beatles (I have been using the library to catch up on the classics)
A momentary lapse of reason - Pink Floyd
They were wrong so we drowned - The Liars
Clouds taste metallic - The Flaming Lips
Wilco - Being there (Which is an amazing album)
Now if that doesn't make you want to go out and get a library card, nothing will!
Friday, May 27, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Impressive list there my friend, although i will say that aside from the 1st, 2nd and last track, Think Tank is pish. This is coming from a someone who considers themselves a massive blur fan...
The beauty of the library is, it doesn't matter if the stuff is bad, it's free.
yes a truly wonderful thing, unless you are the housesitter for three weeks and everytime you answer the phone you get...."the toronto public library has..." :-)
Post a Comment