Friday, March 30, 2007

My Dad

My Dad died when I was 14 and I've been thinking about him a lot lately. I'm not sure if this is the place for this, but I wanted to write something for him.

I wish you had known me as an adult. I wish I could have seen something of me in you and maybe you would have seen something of you in me.

I wish you could have known my Wife and met your Grandaughter. I would have loved to hear her call you Granddad.

I wish we could have gone for a pint. Sat outside at the pub at the bottom of the hill in Gorebridge on a sunny day.

I wish we could have played more golf and I wish I could have seen your face when I finally beat you for the first time.

I wish I could have picked you up and driven you somewhere.

I wish you could have stayed at my house. Sat on the porch in the summer and watched the world go by.

I wish I could have shared more with you. Sent you CDs of the music I'd been listening to and played you some of my songs.

I miss you Dad.

No comments: