When you are a daddy there a few things you need to give up.
You can forget about getting through an entire meal uninterrupted.
You can forget about getting blind drunk even when it's a free bar.
You can forget about getting through an evening without at least some minimal back pain, a sore arm and getting clothes covered in various foods, chalk, crayons....
At times it can be a bit frustrating. There's always a part of you who kind of wants to be a party monster all over again.
Last night I was at a wedding and Fiona was as always amazing. I can't put in to words how great she is so I'm not going to try. As always all of the above was true and Fran and I (and Grandma too) split the time between us so we all got a chance to enjoy the festivites baby free at least for a little while.
It got late and I managed to dance/walk Fiona to sleep where she slupmed in my arms. To get away from the noise of the party I walked her over to a swing and sat swinging my daughter in my arms whilst everybody else was inside dancing and drinking.
The point I'm trying to make here is that I wouldn't have switched with anybody else in the whole world at that point in time. There are little moments when you realise just how amazing it all is. Just how incredible a change in your life it is and how much for the better it is.
I guess what I'm saying is I love my daughter.
Alan
Sunday, September 11, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
She's smart too -- even knows to give you those perfect moments once in a while to keep you going.
I hope you all got home okay. We didn't know you were still there when we left!
Post a Comment