Monday, July 02, 2007

The other side of 30

Has it really been a month since I last posted anything?

Hmm, well I have been a bit busy. I turned 30 and got so drunk I couldn't form real words - only sounds. I have been playing with my new digital recorder but I've yet to try layering 4 tracks. I've been busy at work with the Toronto Jazz Festival events, which thankfully came to an end last week.

So we had Dave Brubeck, Herbie Hancock and Keith Jarrett play the Four Seasons Centre last week and I sat in on Dave Brubeck and Keith Jarrett and I'm really glad I did. Not that I'm a jazz fan but it was great to see something different in the venue and listen to the sound of almost 2000 people clapping and demanding an encore. I actually spent a lot of the Keith Jarrett show watching the audience, I guess because so much of my time is spent cramming them all in there that it's nice to see everybody enjoying themselves. I'm pretty sure that's why I like working in the arts, I might not be on stage or even backstage but in the end I still play a role in putting on the show (or performance if I am in COC mode!)

I want to sneak on stage at some point with my guitar though and just giver!

1 comment:

Jen Star said...

Giver! Nice. . . .