Sunday, May 27, 2007

The end of a season

So yesterday the Canadian Opera Company finished it's inaugural season in The Four Seasons Centre for the Performing Arts. What a year it has been.

I would have to say it's been the greatest year in my professional career and one I will always remeber. The challenge of moving thousands of subscribers from one venue to another, of mounting 3 full Ring Cycles with people coming from all over the world, of finding the bad and the good of the new place, of hiring a whole new team of staff....and I think in the end, we couldn't really have done much better.

The staff of the COC are by far it's greatest asset and I work with some really great people. I hope they are all very proud of what they have accomplished.

All that being said - I sure am glad it's over!

No comments: