Alright so it's been a good few months since I posted anything and the only people visiting this blog are those annoying comments that keep popping up. Is there no where people won't try and advertise?
Anyway just for them I am going to try and keep this thing up at least once in a while at least.
So 2006 has begun.
It promises to be an interesting year for me.
First up Fiona is already under way with full on sentences and no doubt by the end of the year will be running circles both literally and metaphorically around Fran and I. It's quite amazing to think of the development that she is going through everyday now.
At work Toronto's (and Canada's) 1st purpose built Opera House will open in June, which although exciting means a hell of a lot of work. I was at the site a few weeks back and it's looking great. It feels very intimate for a 2000 seat venue and it's totally different from any other venue in the city.
Watched a great movie the other night. "In Good Company" with Dennis Quaid and Topher Grace. Topher Grace is the 20 something hotshot who becomes 50 year old Quaids boss after a company take over. Topher then begins dating Quaids daughter (Scarlett Johanssen) to make matters worse. What's great about the movie is it really has a lovely way of illustrating the parallels in each of the characters lifes and how their relationships change things. It's brilliantly directed and the soundtrack is great too (very Garden State with Iron and Wine and The Shins). It's one of those movies that might look a bit naff from the box but I thought it was brilliant.
So for all you add placers out there (ok I know the adds are placed by a computer program) go rent it, you won't be dissapointed.
Cheers
Alan
Friday, January 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Welcome back. I'm not certain, but if you can change the settings with your blog-host to make your blog (ie, no to "Add your Blog to our listings?") it might help with the blog-spam.
I enjoyed that movie too. That must be the one with "Some Great Heights" in the soundtrack? Was thinking about that just yesterday, after hearing a couple of versions of that song on the radio, and learning of the Iron & Wine / Calexico hybrid.
"make your blog" that makes not any sense... meant to say "make your blog private". Cheers!
Oh yeah - we missed your faves of 2005 - did you compile a list?
Hey John,
Thanks for the tip.
I did make a best of CD and totally meant to mail it to you but didn't.
I shall get it to you at some point.
All you need to do to get rid of the spam is add word verification to your comments page. It's in your settings, under Comments. Check the YES box for "Show word verification for comments." Works like a charm.
By the way, have you heard of Devendra Banhart? I got two of his albums. He's pretty good; Sufjan with a Spanish flair and no songs about God (that I've found so far anyways!).
Post a Comment